Simplify Tax Compliance with Trisuka

Welcome to Trisuka, your trusted partner for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) services. Our team of experts is here to guide you through the process of obtaining a TAN, enabling you to fulfill your tax-related obligations with ease. Let’s explore the world of Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number and understand its significance.


Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN)

Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) is a unique alphanumeric identification number issued by the Income Tax Department of India. TAN is mandatory for entities that are required to deduct or collect tax at the source, ensuring proper reporting and accountability of such tax transactions.

  • Identity proof: PAN card, Aadhaar card, passport, or any other government-issued photo ID
  • Address proof: Aadhaar card, passport, voter ID, driving license, utility bill, or bank statement
  • Proof of business registration: Certificate of incorporation, partnership deed, or any other relevant document
  • Passport-sized photograph

Any other documents as per the specific requirements of the Income Tax Department

  • TAN Application Form: Fill out the TAN application form, providing accurate details and attaching the required documents.
  • Payment of Fee: Pay the prescribed fee for TAN application through online or offline modes.
  • Submission of Application: Submit the TAN application form and supporting documents to the nearest TIN Facilitation Center or online through the official website of the Income Tax Department.
  • Acknowledgment: Receive an acknowledgment after submitting the TAN application, containing a unique acknowledgment number for future reference.
  • Verification and Processing: The Income Tax Department verifies the application and processes it to issue the TAN.
  • TAN Certificate: Upon approval, the TAN certificate is issued electronically, and a physical copy is sent to the applicant’s address as mentioned in the application form.

Entities such as companies, individuals, government departments, and any person or entity required to deduct or collect tax at the source are eligible to apply for a Tax Deduction/Collection Account Number (TAN).

  • Legal Compliance: TAN ensures compliance with tax regulations by entities responsible for deducting or collecting tax at the source.
  • Streamlined Tax Deduction/Collection: TAN facilitates easy and accurate deduction or collection of tax, ensuring proper reporting and remittance to the Income Tax Department.
  • Increased Transparency: TAN promotes transparency in tax transactions by providing a unique identification number for tax deductors and collectors.
  • Efficient Record Keeping: TAN helps maintain a systematic record of tax deductions or collections, simplifying tax filing and audit processes.
  • Avoidance of Penalties: Obtaining a TAN and complying with tax deduction/collection obligations helps entities avoid penalties and legal consequences.


  1. Who needs to obtain a Tax Deduction/Collection Account Number (TAN)?
    Entities responsible for deducting or collecting tax at the source, such as companies, individuals, and government departments, need to obtain a Tax Deduction/Collection Account Number (TAN).

  2. Can an individual apply for a TAN for personal transactions?
    Generally, TAN is required for business-related tax deductions or collections. Personal transactions may not require a TAN unless specified by the Income Tax Department.

  3. Is it mandatory to deduct tax at the source if I have a TAN?
    If you are an entity with a TAN and meet the specified criteria for tax deduction at the source, it becomes mandatory to deduct tax as per the applicable rates and regulations.

  4. Can a TAN be used for multiple branches or locations of a company?
    No, each branch or location of a company must have a separate TAN for tax deduction or collection purposes.

  5. Can I surrender or cancel my TAN if it is no longer required?
    Yes, if a TAN is no longer required, it can be surrendered or canceled by submitting the appropriate application to the Income Tax Department.

**Please note that while these answers provide a general understanding, it is always advisable to consult with professionals or legal experts for specific guidance to your unique circumstances.